Ok, so, I’m going to kind of make a funny here with some hyperboles and be a little exaggerate simply to make a point…
ONCE YOU’RE OVER THE AGE OF 30, THERE’S SOME THINGS YOU JUST NEED TO LET GO OF, BECAUSE YOU’RE LOOKING KIND OF GOOFY AND REALLY MAKING YOURSELF OUT TO BE A FOOL. 😳😑
This though has probably been triggered, because I’ve come across a few of these lately, and I’ve been reminded what “immaturity in an old shell” really looks like. I guess, you could just call me old fashioned, or maybe you’ll charge me with too much conservatism. If so, that’s ok, but really, if you are guilty of the following and don’t think you need a little change, you might just want to step back and see yourself through the eyes of the older and younger generations.
If you’re over the age of 30, please stop:
1. Cussing out the cashier or waiter, because he or she didn’t do something correctly while ringing up your bill.
Are you telling me you’ve never made a mistake, especially after a long day at work?
2. Making a scene in public because your momma hurt your feelings, the teacher disciplined your child or someone just cut in line in front of you.
Really? Show some respect for yourself and other people. Take up the confrontation with whom it needs to be settled.
3. Miniskirts and midriffs.
The company you’re trying to attract will be on the prowl, regardless of your attire, and the company you need to be attracting won’t be interested in all that.
4. Various brands or quotations on your rear end.
Umm, no. Just simply don’t.
4. Selfies taken in front of the mirror of your bathroom.
You’re not 15, and this isn’t the glamour shots of the 80s. Somethings just need to stay in the past.
5. Partying all night and all day, especially when you have children who need care.
You’re a momma or a daddy now. Act like it. Their lives may depend on it.
6. Living at home with mom and dad.
You outgrew that baby bed for a reason. It might be tough, but you can do this thing called life.
7. Gaming all night and skipping out on your job.
The old proverb is true, “A man who won’t work won’t eat.” This culture’s society will try to convince you otherwise with the welfare and entitlement mentalities, but do not be deceived. We all need to work if we desire to eat.
8. Making out in the grocery store parking lot when you should just go get a room.
This was all fun and games in high school, but when you’re older, it just seems you’ve got way too much to prove or maybe you’re cheating on your spouse.
9. Skipping out on your family, because you just “wanna have fun” or “sow your wild oats.”
So much could be said here, but I’ll just keep it to two words: GROW UP! Yes, I did shout that, in case, you didn’t hear me.
10. Stealing, thievery, lying or cheating.
This is not okay at any age, but when you have crossed this threshold of life, you seriously look like a loser. Get a life. Get a job, and be a man not a parasite.
Yeah, maybe I am just “old school.” Maybe I am just a little bit of a “fuddy dud.” If that’s what I am, simply, because I choose to make solid choices for my life and my family, well, that’s okay with me. Call me what you will.
I’ll just settle to being a little traditional, a bit old fashioned and conservative, or maybe, I’m just secure in my decision to grow up, live life with determination and purpose, and move beyond those selfish motives and actions of my more youthful days.